Job Description – Big Music Project Communications, Marketing and Participation Intern
Youth Cymru is recruiting for a Big Music Project Intern to join our team in Treforest Trading Estate, Pontypridd.
The Big Music Project Intern will provide support for the Big Music Project by liaising with hubs, organising Champion development days, providing training for the Youth Achievement Awards, communicating effectively with other national partners, and ensuring all partners are supported to meet their project targets.
The intern will promote the Big Music Project and Youth Cymru’s work Nationally using online media and marketing materials. The intern will also support hubs to promote their work to local newspapers and radio stations, in addition to publicising the project on national level.
Finally, the Intern will support how young people are involved in the development of the Big Music Project, and in the participation structure of Youth Cymru overall through Llais Ifanc – Youth Cymru’s Young Leadership Panel.
Post: Big Music Project Policy, Communications, and Participation Intern
Responsible to: Development Manager and Project Support Officer
Based: Treforest Trading Estate, Rhondda Cynon Taf
Hours: Full time – 35 hours per week
Key contacts: Youth Cymru staff, Big Music Project national partners, Big Music Hub Workers, Local and National Press, Assembly Members, Welsh Government officials.
To provide high-quality, day-to-day support on the Big Music Project to both Youth Cymru staff, national partners, and Hub Workers.
To help plan and co-ordinate Big Music Champion Development Days, Celebration events, and Youth Achievement award training.
To communicate the Big Music Project using online and social media, to key decision makers and influencers, and to publicise the work of the Big Music Project to local and national press.
To develop the participation structure of Youth Cymru and ensure Big Music Project participants have the opportunity the shape the development of the Project.
- Office tasks: answering the phone, taking messages, welcoming visitors, responding to emails.
- Administration for events: booking venues, managing invitations, reception duties at events
- Contributing to weekly e-bulletins
- Supporting all projects run within Youth Cymru
- Project co-ordination including distribution of project materials, liaising with project partners and with Youth Cymru members
- Attending meetings with external organisations
- Writing up evaluations and reports on projects and events attended by Youth Cymru
Big Music Project
- Support the delivery of the Youth Achievement Award to members
- Provide ongoing day-to-day support for the Big Music Project to Youth Cymru staff, Hub workers, and national partners
- Support the planning and co-ordination of the champion development days
Website development and Communications
- Support and develop Youth Cymru’s Website and marketing all projects
- Communicating Projects to key decision makers and influencers in the National Assembly for Wales and Welsh Government
- Supporting Big Music Hubs to communicate their work to local decision makers, influencers, and press.
- Promoting the work of the Big Music Project on social media platforms.
- Effective internal project communications between Youth Cymru, national partners, and Hubs.
- Developing Youth Cymru’s participation strategy to ensure Big Music Project participants and Champions can meaningfully shape the development of the project
- Working with Llais Ifanc to develop a national participation structure, with representation from all areas of Wales and all of Youth Cymru’s projects.
Please send a CV firstname.lastname@example.org
Cwrs 2 ddiwrnod @ Youth Cymru
This training course runs over two days and will provide participants with an opportunity to developing their knowledge and understanding of how plan, manage, deliver and evaluate an event.
The course provides the knowledge required to create a meaningful and engaging event experience. Intended to provide participants with the opportunity to develop practical skills and knowledge essential for effective event management, the sessions involve practical project based learning based on real or simulated events. The training takes an interactive approach and will best suit participants who want to develop practical event planning skills whilst gaining accreditation for a real work/volunteer based event. (Please note the accreditation is optional and if selected requires a work based project– not simulated event.)
Am fwy o fanylion cliciwch yma
Not the Usual Hustings
Boys’ and Girls’ Clubs of Wales are undertaking a project called ‘Not’ The Usual Suspects. The project aims to
involve young people in gaining an understanding of politics and speaking with politicians about issues which
affect their daily lives.
As part of this project, there will be a ‘Not the Usual Hustings’ event where young people aged 16 to 25 can ask
candidates from each of the main political parties why young people should vote for them in the forthcoming
Welsh Assembly Elections. The event is hosted by BBC Newsbeats Steffan Powell and will provide young
people with an opportunity to visit a ‘market place’ to find out more about politics. On the evening the
‘Politically Correct App’ will be launched which has been designed by young people to explain how politics
affects young people. The event will finish with an opportunity for young people and possibly the AM candidates
to test out the trampolines!
Infinity Trampoline Park, Saint Catherines Park, Pengam Rd, Cardiff CF24 2RZ.
Dates Thursday 7 April 2016, 6pm until 9pm
The event will include an opportunity for young people to use the trampolines after the ‘hustings’ event.
Ages 16-25 (Primarily we want to offer this to those who vote but are open to younger people attending if relevant)
This activity is funded by Erasmus+
For further details please contact BGC Wales headquarters on 029 20575705.
If travelling as a group, please use your own organisational
procedures such as consent forms etc. Infinity Trampoline park
have an additional form which is attached to this information sheet.
Bookings can be made via the office or online at
Mae Youth Cymru yn chwilio am farn ein haelodau cyswllt ynglŷn â chynnig i gofrestru gweithwyr ieuenctid yng Nghymru. Gall unigolion neu sefydliadau sy’n dymuno ymateb i’r ymgynghoriad gwneud hynny naill ai’n uniongyrchol i Lywodraeth Cymru drwy ddilyn y ddolen isod, neu gan ddefnyddio’r ffurflen hon. Bydd Youth Cymru wedyn yn adrodd yn ôl pob ymateb i Lywodraeth Cymru ar ran ein haelodau cyswllt.