What is Inspire 2022?
Harnessing youth work as a catalyst for change, Inspire 2022 will reimagine how youth-led social action can benefit both young people and the community.
Moments of national celebration in 2022 – such as the Women’s Euros, Festival UK, Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games and the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee – will provide the spark of inspiration for youth-led events that resonate with local communities.
Groups of young people will create ‘Inspire Teams’ through their local ‘Inspire Hub’. Hubs, with the support of Youth Cymru and their partners, will train Teams to successfully engage with the needs of their community, submit a pitch for funds and build the skills required to run an event.
The outcomes for Inspire 2022 are:
- Empowering young people to organise event-based social action activities for their communities
- Building community pride and helping bridge the generational divide in many communities
- Giving young people a voice and a place in a year of national celebration
- Giving young people agency to design events that feel relevant to them and their communities
- Challenging and change negative perceptions of youth that have been shaped during the pandemic