This training course runs over a number of days, currently virtually. The course outlines understanding, knowledge and skills relating to the practice of detached and outreach youth work.
- Understand the principles of mentoring young people.
- Understand how to facilitate the learning and development needs of young people through mentoring.
- Be able to support young people to address their individual learning and development needs.
- Be able to promote the wellbeing, resilience and achievement of young people through mentoring.
- Understand the boundaries of a mentoring relationship.
- Understand how to review the effectiveness of the mentoring process.