UK UNESCO World Heritage Youth Summit 2015
Win 5 free places to represent your local World Heritage Site at the prestigious UK UNESCO World Heritage Youth Summit 2015 by entering our creative competition!
The Blaenavon Industrial Landscape World Heritage Site will proudly host the 2015 UNESCO World Heritage Youth Summit from 20th – 22nd October 2015. The Summit will welcome youth representatives from all over the UK for 2 days of practical activities and fun workshops to discuss how we can use World Heritage to change the place we live in for the better.
If you are aged between 13-17 (or up to 25 and in special education) on 25th October 2015 you and 3 of your friends (plus one supervising adult) could win the chance to go to the UNESCO UK World Heritage Youth Summit in Wales for free! If you win, you will receive 2 night’s free accommodation, food, all your activities at the Summit, and a goody bag and t-shirt!
So, are you creative enough? Could you win free places to represent your school, group, organisation and your nearest or local World Heritage Site, and the UK, at the Summit? Go on…what are you waiting for?!
Deadline for entering applications: 24th July 2015.
How do I enter the competition to win a place?
To win the chance to participate you and your group will need to:
- Create a piece of creative media or artwork based on your local or nearby World Heritage Site answering the question ‘How can we use World Heritage to make the place we live in better?
You can enter in one of four categories with any of the following art forms:
- Creative Writing – Blogs, Rapping, Literature, Song Writing, Story Telling, Poetry
- Performance – Song, Theatre, Dance, Music
- Visual Arts – 3D Modelling, Drawing, Painting, Posters, Sculpture
- Film and Digital Media – Photography, Film, Animation, Digital Art, Gaming
- Visit your local World Heritage Site, (we will want to see a picture of your group there!) and do a bit of research on it – we will want to see this come out in your artwork in some way.
- Write 200 words explaining your art work and how it answers the question.
- Tell us how all 4 of your team contributed to the art (200 words max)
- Upload a picture of you and your group at your World Heritage Site.
- Follow the digital requirements for the size, length and upload of your art.
All entries must be submitted electronically by filling in the online form found on our website www.visitblaenavon.co.uk/youthsummit
- Competition Opens for submissions: 1st June 2015.
- Competition Closes: 24th July 2015.
- Judging: Early August 2015.
- All entries informed of outcome: 1st September 2015.
Terms and conditions
- You must have 4 in a group. One of you must be the named leader, who we can contact.
- You must have an adult whom we can contact and who can accompany you to the SUMMIT if you win. Their details must be on the competition entry form.
- You and your entire group must all be aged between 13-17 (or up to 25 in special education) on 25th October 2015.
- You must submit a photo of your group at your World Heritage Site that can be used in publicity.
- You must explore your local World Heritage Site.
- If you are not working directly with staff in your chosen World Heritage Site, you must inform them you are submitting an application.
- Your entire group must be able to attend the Youth Summit if you win for your region.
- You must submit all entries electronically (see digital entry requirements).
- Your entry will be posted on social media and website to gain “likes” or votes which will be counted when judging your piece.
- We must be allowed to use your entry in any media we need to, before, during and after the event. (If one of your group can not be mentioned in media, just let us know, and we will keep their name and photo out of the media)