This course will enable you to...
- Know own role in relation to safeguarding adults, children and young people from harm, abuse and neglect.
- Understand how individuals are protected from harm, abuse and neglect.
- Know how to recognise different types of harm, abuse and neglect.
The training will cover...
- Outline a piece of legislation that applies to safeguarding.
- Outline a policy that applies to safeguarding.
- Describe own responsibilities in relation to safeguarding.
- Explain why it is important to report immediately any concerns about possible harm, abuse or neglect.
- Outline actions that must be taken where there are on-going concerns about harm, abuse or neglect.
- Explain the boundaries of confidentiality in relation to safeguarding.
- Describe how legislative frameworks underpin the rights of individuals to be protected from harm, abuse and neglect.
- Describe ways of working that protect individuals from harm, abuse and neglect.
- Identify the categories of harm and abuse.
- Identify the signs and symptoms associated with harm, abuse and neglect.
Cost, assessment and accreditation
The cost of this course is FREE per participant
Optional Accreditation is £50 per person
The accreditation will require a written/typed assignment that will be sent electronically after each session. Distance tutor support is provided to allow for successful completion.
Sign up today
We have limited spaces available for our Free Understanding Safeguarding