What you get when you become an affiliated member
- Free lifetime membership
- Receive information about all the opportunities we have to offer
- Eligibility to take part in our events and activities
- Access to our partnership schemes
- Influence our work
- Promote your work on our Members Page
- Voting rights at our AGM
Criteria for affiliation
All those individuals/organisations/clubs/groups applying for affiliation must conform to the following:
1. Accept Youth Cymru's Statement of Purpose, which is "to identify and respond to the needs of young people by using informal, but essentially educational programmes that contribute to their lifelong learning. It seeks to encourage them to become effective citizens through appropriate activities and their involvement in decision-making within the organisation and the communities in which they live".
In addition, all organisations/clubs/groups must conform to the following:
2. Have a minimum membership of twelve.
3. Not to be affiliated to or directly associated with any political party.
4. Strive to have both an adult and club members' committee, or a joint adult and members' committee, and a responsible leader or officer.
5. Have public liability insurance cover for a minimum of £5 million.
6. Must operate within Wales.
How to affiliate
It's easy, just fill in an affiliation form online, click below or you can contact our headquarters and ask for a form to be posted to you. You can return the form either by post, email or fax.
How safe are my details?
All the information you supply us with is kept on a database for our records only, we will not share your personal information with anyone else. You may request to cancel your membership at any time.