Be Internet Citizens is an educational programme created by Google and YouTube Creators for Change designed to teach media literacy, critical thinking and digital citizenship, encouraging young people to be positive voices online and increasing their resilience.
Be Internet Citizens
Our aim is to build a safe yet inspiring online space where young people aged 13+ can be empowered to learn, to share, to be creative, to express themselves and to experience a sense of belonging as digital citizens. While most young people today have grown up as digital natives, they may still lack the critical thinking and media literacy skills which are key to practicing positive digital citizenship. In light of this, the Be Internet Citizens programme was designed in a collaboration between Google and the Institute for Strategic Dialogue (ISD) to teach young people important media skills outside of formal education and in a way which is relatable and engaging.
For more information please contact email@example.com or call 01443 827840.
The Be Internet Citizens Community toolkit comprises of four themes which each cover a key area of digital citizenship.
* By working through the toolkit, young people will be able to:
* Identify fake and biased news
* Build resilience and critical thinking skills in order to be alert when consuming online content
* Recognise the power of the internet in shaping our attitudes towards other people
* Understand the difference between online hate speech and free speech