Understanding how to Safeguard the welfare of Children and Young People
This course will enable you to...
- Understand how to safeguard children, young people and practitioners in a work setting.
- Know how to respond to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been abused, harmed or bullies.
- Know about the legislation, guidelines, policies and procedures for safeguarding the welfare of children and young people including e-safety.
The training will cover...
- Current legislation, guidelines, policies and procedures for safeguarding the welfare of children and young people including e-safety.
- The roles of different agencies involved in safeguarding the welfare of children and young people in the context of own work setting.
- The steps practitioners can take to protect themselves from allegations and complaints within their everyday practice in a work setting.
- Ways in which concerns about poor practice can be reported whilst ensuring that whistleblowers and those whose practice or behaviour is being questioned are protected.
- A way of accessing support where concerns have not been addressed.
- The characteristics of different types of child abuse Actions to take in response to evidence (including allegations) or concerns that a child or young person has been abused, harmed (including self-harm) or bullied or maybe at risk of harm abuse or bullying.
- A description of the principles and boundaries of confidentiality and when to share information.
Awarding Body: Agored Cymru
Title: Understand how to safeguard the welfare of children and young people
Cost, assessment and accreditation
The cost of this course is FREE per participant, that will also include the accreditation.
The accreditation will require a written/typed assignment that will be sent electronically after each session. Distance tutor support is provided to allow for successful completion.
Sign up today
We have limited spaces available for our Understanding how to Safeguard the welfare of Children & Young People
This is the second training session we will be delivering online, first being a great success.